When I see a plugin which says it contains a shadow tiddler from
$:/core/modules/
<http://nome.github.io/TiddlyPlugins/#:%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fnome%2FKbShortcuts>,
I presume it is overriding a core tiddler.  Is that right?

When the developer is developing that plugin, is he editing on the core
tiddler itself, and then packaging it into the plugin, or is there a way of
overriding a core tiddler for development, and then bundling that
override-tiddler into the plugin?

I'm assuming  he is using Node.js and GitHub for development
<https://tiddlywiki.com/dev/static/Developing%2520plugins%2520using%2520Node.js%2520and%2520GitHub.html>.

Maybe it is best to use the experimental 'create plugins in the browser' if
the plugin will override core tiddlers?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b57b5e0f-374e-4d0f-b191-dc1eb04005ac%40googlegroups.com.