Almost a year later, and I'm most of the way to a keystroke to close the
current view-mode tiddler.

   - I added tabindex="1" to the div in ViewTemplate.  This makes it
   possible to select a view-mode tiddler.
   - I wrapped the div with: <$keyboard key="alt-W"
   message="tm-close-tiddler">

With a story river full of view-mode tiddlers, I can tab among tiddlers and
press alt-W to close the selected tiddlers.

When I navigate to a tiddler, I'd like to automatically set focus to it.
I'd like it if clicking on a link to a tiddler not only opened/scrolled to
it, it would set focus to that tiddler.  I don't care so much about
scrolling, because I typically operate in zoomin mode.

Now that I've given it a tabindex, is there a way I can set focus to the
currently zoomed tiddler when it zooms?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b78f625b-11a2-46f0-8f0b-70c1c01c9c38%40googlegroups.com.