The matter felt familiar so I checked one of my main TWs for "sizesort"
and, sure enough;

<$list filter="[!is[system]!is[shadow]!lsort[]]">
<$macrocall $name="length" tiddler={{!!title}}/>
<$link><$view field=title/></$link><br>
</$list>

Now, that "length" macro is apparently from this plugin by Thomas Elmiger:

$:/plugins/telmiger/EditorCounter/counter.js

do a search and you'll probably find it.

After those things were made, we now have a "count" filter operator. Maybe
that can be used instead to not depend on that separate plugin... but on
the other hand it might be much slower, I have no idea.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0706debb-ca23-40c9-86b8-a5786518562b%40googlegroups.com.