Oh my, Bardy, looks like the theme tiddlers at
http://emptymaterial.tiddlyspot.com/ are not in sync with each other. Do
you mind going over the following steps? I just want to know the cause of
the problem (which I see as the tiddler frame not filling the story river)

1. Go to filter search, copy+paste
[prefix[$:/themes/jd/]]

2. Press the delete/trash button (confirm 6 tiddlers to be deleted)

3. Save, then refresh the window (this and the above steps are to delete
all tiddlers created by Material theme)

4. From http://j.d.material.tiddlyspot.com/ drag either Material Theme *or*
Material
Theme + icons + HammerWidgets into the refreshed, vanilla-themed window
(the draggable links look like tag pills now)

5. Save, then refresh the window.

The theme should properly set now... If not, please inform me. Thanks so
much for the bug reports!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/50f8f355-9719-4242-963a-6bb0c166fad5%40googlegroups.com.