Hi Matt,
I found a way by revealing <audio autoplay src={{audio base64 encoded in a
tiddler or index of data-tiddler}}>

I'm using that at tiddlypiano.tiddlyspot.com and musicsheets.tiddlyspot.com

In combination with the <$press> widget at hammerwidgets.tiddlyspot.com
it's a button that plays the audio when pressing it and stops when
releasing - normal buttons simply play the whole audio file

see http://musicsheets.tiddlyspot.com/#sad-trombone.json for an example of
a stored audio
encoding mp3 or other formats to base64 can be done in various ways
on linux terminal there's the base64 command, I think it's available on
osx, too - if not then it's installable - or there are guis or online
converters

Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1507ca85-2a6a-4b6f-8da8-61437e8d15f3%40googlegroups.com.