Four hours later, what worked was setting up a new ibm account and setting
up a separate cloudant account for the second notebook. Now they aren't
sharing tiddlers every time I switch between them.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAKLXyxMkTqWrj-0ydytRYRik7BGvXRD5R6h3RN3N2pJvy2WMZA%40mail.gmail.com.