Hi Mark

Sorry to be the sourpuss on this one.

1) Unless I am mistaken, this doesn't improve that much on using the new
here button with the table of contents. You just title the child tiddler
before creating, whereas with the new here button you do the same in the
opposite order. It is slightly easier to grasp for newbies, though.
2) I don't think this will scale in TiddlyWiki like it does in Dynalist or
Workflowy.
3) The children are not present when opening the tiddler the way child
notes are visible when zooming in to a node in Dynalist and Workflowy.
4) What makes Dynalist and Workflowy so appealing is that every paragraph
of text is a separate node that can be reordered. And you can zoom into any
level of the outline to focus on that level.

I don't write this to be nitpicky or negative. I just don't want to see you
wasting your time trying to make TiddlyWiki into an outliner. I don't see
that it could compete, but then Dynalist and Worklowy can't compete with
TiddlyWiki in many areas.

I am a fan of both TiddlyWiki and Dynalist, and tend to use both daily. I
tend to write notes and organize my thoughts and tasks in Dynalist, and use
TiddlyWiki for indexing and the creation of static htmls for web publishing.

BTW, while the Dynalist Pro version is a little pricey, as some have noted,
the free version is pretty generous (whereas Workflowy is stingy) and
Dynalist contains most of the features most people would want, unless they
are working with images and attachments.

David Gifford
Mexico team leader, Mexico City

*Resonate Global Mission*
*Engaging People. Embracing Christ.*
A Ministry of the Christian Reformed Church
resonateglobalmission.org

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CANE%3DBFLGUyaJ-kP4ScrqW2jSVNgPydHebb%2BmTshp46kqaGvu-g%40mail.gmail.com.