Hi Josiah,
I made http://roguelike.tiddlyspot.com/ inspired by Jed'sd Zorklike. On top you got the map, below there is a Leveleditor. You could even do multiple levels... It works but i got distracted before doing the last bits and a good dokumentation by an overload of work at theat time.

I would very much like to continue...

Jan