Hi Thomas, hi Simon,
great to see that you two work on this issue which is extremely useful for education.
I would love to have a muuri card system that looks like this
https://codepen.io/RuudBurger/pen/bwjry

Yours Jan

Am 29.04.2018 um 22:15 schrieb Thomas Elmiger:
Hi folks,

Inspired by several posts here in the group I tried something new and have an ALPHA version ready now, working on larger screens (not tuned for phones yet).

https://tid.li/tw5/test/cards.html

The original idea was to create (shareable) learning cards with an A and a B side, where a question/word could be on side A and the answer/translation on side B. For this my solution creates and administrates two linked tiddlers ... Thus the content of both sides is findable via standard search, as it is stored in the text fields of tiddlers.

Other ideas for using linked tiddlers could be presentations (slides, speaker notes) or quotes (cited text, source details) and many more.

Strengths

  * simplified interface for entering content and tag-administration
      o Try and hide the sidebar!
  * linked tiddlers (master/slave)
      o this could be expanded for more than one sub-tiddlers (e.g.
        for slide content, speaker notes, sources)
  * several buttons that handle master- and sub-tiddlers at the same
    time (create, inactivate/activate, delete)
      o automagically created unique titles
  * Cards Manager (based on Listreveal plugin) to search/filter by tags
  * packaged as a plugin (DuoCard
    <https://tid.li/tw5/test/cards.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2FDuoCard>)

Weaknesses

  * not mobile first yet
  * reference to next tiddler is only a letter (a title could make
    things easier)
  * no reference to previous tiddler
  * delete-button does not ask "are you sure ...?"
  * everything could change for the next version.
  * tag-management-buttons in the list change ALL active/inactive
    cards (not only the filtered ones from the list)

Ideas, Missing features

  * a button to add another side
  * a view to see both/all sides at once
  * a list view limited to A-sides/B-sides

Questions

  * Do you think a tool like this could be needed? Would you use it?
  * Is the caption needed? (the field pre-populated with A or B)
      o does it have to be editable?
  * Do you see things that could be better/simpler?
  * Do you miss something?

Feedback is very welcome, I might be slow to respond though.

All the best!
Thomas

By the way: The demo uses a new (improved) version of my Listreveal plugin, official updates for Listreveal and ToDoNow will follow.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com <mailto:tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e6dc2be6-190f-48b1-af9d-6feb783a66a2%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e6dc2be6-190f-48b1-af9d-6feb783a66a2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5AE6EBD9.30600%40googlemail.com.