Kevin,

You may be able to run the single executable version on a headless linux
box if you set the suppressBrowser option to true in settings.json. I
haven't tried it, I just run it normally in node on my headless server. In
settings.json put

"suppressBrowser": true

as one of the root level properties.

The creation fields bug has been around a while and I haven't been able to
find any reason. I should eventually get to it but it has been low priority
for me. And the preview being visible by default is part of the 5.1.16 and
Jeremy has addressed that in other threads, the reason here is the same,
state tiddlers aren't synced back to the server.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/90f25a70-bb11-453a-966b-27416d77224a%40googlegroups.com.