Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share a useful directory watching workflow I've come up
with. I am working on a mac and running TW on node. I read a lot of papers,
and have taken to using TW to keep track of them - a homegrown reference
manager. My workflow is the following:

   - Find a bunch of papers I want to add to my library and downloaded them
   into a "Papers" directory (I keep this somewhere in my dropbox).
   - I've setup a "Folder Action" on my "Papers" folder, which runs the
   *watchFolder.scpt* applescript file every time this folder has new items
   added.
   - That applescript will go through each PDF, and call a *newPaperTid *bash
   file, responsible for creating a new .tid file
   - Those tid files are created in the appropriate tiddlers/ directory
   (which is also on my dropbox)
   - Restart node and voila!

This has been working very well for me and I wanted to share in case others
might find it useful. Both files can be found on github:

https://gist.github.com/diego898/e117cc4aec51511f39d5611a0a65f946

*Note: T*hese files/workflow can *easily* be changed to accommodate
anything where you want to respond to some action somewhere by creating a
new tiddler.

If anyone has any suggestions/improvements/questions I'd be happy to
discuss.

Best,
Diego

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0a3628df-cd5e-4d27-b3e1-35d98e509ae2%40googlegroups.com.