Hi,

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 10:14:33 PM UTC+2, Paul Netsaver wrote:

> .... moreover... are JS macros processed from the browser, after the final
> tiddlywiki html conversion or are they a sort of  'tiddlywiki middleware'?

Macros are more like "text substitusions" used by endusers. If you will ...
it's like middleware.

As you found out, if you want to manipulate tiddler source content, you'll
need javascript. ... but no js macros.

> I've to know if I can program JS macros as for usual html+js websites,
> thinking to common dom structure or text utf-8 coding.

No.

Manipulating the DOM in TW does absolutely nothing. ... It's the other way
around. As soon as you manipulate tiddler content, the DOM will be redrawn
to match tiddler state.

> In the example above, ยง+- would be replaced with ±

What you describe here is a parser-rule, similar to the dash-parser [1].

But I'm not 100% sure, what you want to achieve. ... If you need
mathematical symobls, the katex-plugin may be a much simpler and much more
powerful possibility.

see: https://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/katex/

have fun!
mario