> Ciao BTC
>
> Great stuff, as usual from you, working to add to basic utility of TW! A
> few points ... hope they don't come over as negative and might be helpful.
>
> 1 - Your solution breaks in v5.1.14 of TiddlyWiki. That is to do with...
>
> \whitespace trim
>
> ... not supported till v5.1.15.

I didn't know that, thanks!

> 2 - Because the printer dialogue itself is not invoked this won't solve
> the problem is TiddlyDesktop which currently has neither Ctrl-P, nor Right
> Click to display menu with a print option. IMO this issue in TD is
> important to address.
>
> 3 - I'm unclear what your solution currently adds over "Open In New
> Window?"

It adds a print button in the top right corner (see my second example) ...
about the rest I'm unclear, too

> 4 - I think you are hot on this because of previous work you have done
> related to the timing of appearance of the print dialogue before the
> Tiddler render is done? :-) In other words, the print could be
> corrupted/truncated. Right? That led to postponement of getting a Single
> Tiddler Print option into the basic TW release?

Yes that's right - I stopped that from being already available by testing
it with content that needs time to load - that caused the printed page to
be truncated/not complete - Jeremy has already proposed some solutions but
we'll have to wait a bit

> 5 - I actually think the Single Tiddler Print thing might better be
> contextualised as...
> *What a Window of a Single Tiddler is? And what it could contain?*
> i.e. it might be as good, if not better, to have a menu of some sort
> possible at the top of Single Tiddlers in a Window with a button for Print.
> (a) It would be more design consistent with current printing of story river
> & the main TW interface; (b) The timing problem on display of the printer
> dialogue should go away; (c) Should get round TiddlyDesktop's limitations.
>
> There are other things about Open In New Window that might also be looked
> at. Like being able to Toggle whether the Title can be displayed etc ...

Yeah, that wouldn't be bad ... there could be a top right menu bar which
won't get printed but can be used to toggle these things...

> You get my point? Printing Single Tiddlers could be seen as part of a
> wider design approach for spawned Window content.

Yes I get it, it's a good idea

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c344cd5b-46d0-4097-8f84-9dae25ce71ea%40googlegroups.com.