The image has to already be in your TW -- it doesn't browse your disk as
you might expect.

You can get an image into your TW by dragging and dropping it. But just a
few large images will make your TW non-functional. It's better to use
external images.

You can also create an external link to a file. Per tiddlywiki.com:

An external image is an ordinary image tiddler that has a *_canonical_uri*
> field containing the URI of the image. The URI can be absolute or relative
> to the HTML document. If the canonical URI is provided then the *text*
> field of the tiddler is ignored and so should be omitted.

It's kind of a pain. Usually I just use [img[path-to-image]] or a macro
that does something similar (the macro allows me to change the image path
as needed).

Good luck,
-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8427b5ac-7a53-43d2-99d4-b419440b3005%40googlegroups.com.