Jed,
 I think the solution you proposed is better than me. And the

<$list filter=<<p 1>>>
One
</$list>

is fine in comparison to

<$part p 01>
One
</$part>

What I learned here is, there is no need to use *reveal *widget, but *list *can
do the same!
The problem is now, we cannot determined when all hidden parts are
displayed.

What you proposed is correct! My fault is I cannot think and implement the
tiddlywiki way! I am from Fortran, Matlab, and C world, so my approach is
like that.
I think one way is to have a divided content tiddler i.e instead of putting
all content in the same tiddler, put the slices into separate tiddlers and
reveal them in the main tiddler sequentially, So
 - The main tiddler can have the content to be seen when tiddler is viewed
 - Sub tiddlers can have parts to be displayed gradually in the main tiddler
 - We can count the number of subtiddlers and prevent endless increment the
counter (here by 40 in $:/Numbers)

What do you think?

/Mohammad

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0ec57646-ff90-448d-971f-10a6ca81ef87%40googlegroups.com.