I have a small macro to sweep a list of tiddlers from first to last

Here parent is a tag name some tiddlers has been tagged with. *The
following code works*
Here I have used two set widgets, one to set the emptyValue

\define nextItem(parent)
 <$set
   filter='[tag[$parent$]first[]]'
   name=emptyTid

 <$set
 filter='[tag[$parent$]after{!!temp}]'
 name=NewIndex
 emptyValue=<<emptyTid>>

  <$action-setfield
   $tiddler={{!!title}}
   temp=<<NewIndex>>
   />
</$set>
</$set>
\end

<$button actions=<<nextItem "myTag">> >Next</$button>

But if I directly set the emptyValue and I have used only one set widget. *But
it does not work!!*

\define nextItem(parent)
 <$set
 filter='[tag[$parent$]after{!!temp}]'
 name=NewIndex
 emptyValue='[tag[$parent$]first[]]'

  <$action-setfield
   $tiddler={{!!title}}
   temp=<<NewIndex>>
   />
</$set>
\end

<$button actions=<<nextItem "myTag">> >Next</$button>

What is the problem? Why I have to use two set widegets?

/Mohammad

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b4d6080c-3bcb-4d9a-a34b-421def0a6d82%40googlegroups.com.