Tiddlymap appears to work with TW5 empty edition.

What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox, but I'm pretty sure it will
work with Chrome -- assuming you are set up to save. What save mechanism
are you using?

 With the tiddlymaps page open in one tab, and the "empty" in the other you
click and hold down on each of the 5 links (including font awesome) and
drag them over to the next tab (empty tw) at the top where a green drop bar
appears. Release on the green bar, and the tiddler is added to an import
list. When you've dragged them all, click on "import" button. The tiddlers
will be created and there will be a list of the imported plugins. Save your
empty tw and then reload. You must reload for the imported plugins to
become active.

This is where it becomes important to know how you are saving. If you are
saving using the default mechanism (i.e. you aren't using an extension or a
server to save)  then the TW you reload will be the one that appears at the
top of  your download list -- not the one currently in your browser tab. I
know that's not how things work in regular applications, but it is how it
works with the default TW save mechanism.

Good luck!
-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ffec2b29-706c-4084-bb7b-978d34513c39%40googlegroups.com.