On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 2:19:53 PM UTC+9, TonyM wrote:

> JD,
>
> I have also being working on a sophisticated "tiddler Viewer" like
> TWOutlier
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!msg/tiddlywiki/ol_3zvGPbk8/EdIG3awlBAAJ;context-place=forum/tiddlywiki
>
> but with advanced handling of tiddlers in a TOC structure, this may be a
> good way to present tiddlers that the key use is to edit their text
> content. Add an Edit Text field to their ViewMode and they would never need
> to edit the test. However remember there is value in the draft.of process
> on the main editor.

Oh, wow, I haven't followed that thread diligently, but I wish to combine
it with Dave's NoteSlam
<http://giffmex.org/tw.adaptations/noteslam.online.html>, which I think is
simply fantastic. Although taking up such a project with no end-user in
sight would certainly mean it's of lowest priority in my project list, I am
very interested to do it.

> I have being more interested in the ability to create custom forms from
> individual tiddlers and this means being able to insert edit fields macros
> in the wiki text so they work in view mode or in a custom field
> edit-fields-list so they just open below the tiddler text, I achieved this
> but did not publish because when I thought about it just providing edit
> text on a field is useful in many cases but what if it is used for a date,
> a unique ID, and icon or image link. So now I am building field templates
> that you can save as a prefix/fieldname that define how to handle the field
> when editing. So one based on an image allows image selection, or one based
> on a date, to stamp with now, or to select a date from a calendar. Of
> course you are free to edit this definition and make the edit-field as
> sophisticated as you desire.

Oh, I see the point. The type of edittext widget produced in view tiddler
mode would depend on what "kind" of field is being editted. Like how the
field "color" brings up a type=color input in edit tiddler mode.

I was playing with edit-fields support for the "text" field, and have not
> quite determined how to make it full width and have the number of rows as
> the content, like the normal edit text fields work, I may very well find
> the answer in TiddlyWikis edit template, which is the beauty of TiddlyWiki,
> almost everything you want to do is done in some way already in tiddlywiki.

It might be a question of styling, and your comfortability with using
display: flex; (my favorite). I think the first thing that needs to be
taken care of is the backend stuff, if both can't be handled at the same
time.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e29e8faf-4432-4672-bf91-3f7619e77450%40googlegroups.com.