That's a nice general approach when your data has special requirements.
There's also the XLSX edition (https://tiddlywiki.com/editions/xlsx-utils/)
when you have lots of regularly formatted data to import.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/00e5cf53-0ffd-40af-9d0c-09849148690b%40googlegroups.com.