When you add  images to TW, it rapidly increases the size. TW is not
index-driven and is size-sensitive. For me, TW becomes almost unusable
around 10 megs on mobile devices.

The compromise is to put the images in a relative position to your TW file
(in a subdirectory). Then address the image with a relative path:
[img[mypath/myfile.jpg]].  This will work everywhere without bloating your
TW. The problem is, that you have to set up the links manually. Ideally
rather than a simple drag-and-drop.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ec239a95-7847-41d8-8d07-8002a68cdd02%40googlegroups.com.