Alex,

I will just add in your example, to  use the TOC macros, you will need a
root tag, such as TableOfContents or in your case maybe "AllCategories"
that tags Category A and Category B then the TOCs root tag will be
AllCategories

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/679dfcf1-0aba-46e8-ab48-ee901595c8aa%40googlegroups.com.