It depends on what you're doing, and where the equivalent information of
"depth" is coming from. You might explain more about your set-up.

Instead of reveal, you might be able to use a listwidget

<$list filter="[...stuff I'm looking for
...count[]prefix[$level$]suffix[$level$]]"> WHEE </$list>

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6bd1854b-b7d3-46f3-9f28-ddf3503f0306%40googlegroups.com.