So, you want to do the two things at the same time? This seems to work:

\define myactions()
<$fieldmangler>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-add-tag" $param="OldTopics"/>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-remove-tag" $param="Topics"></$button>
</$fieldmangler>
\end
\define makeOld()
Add <<tag OldTopics>> Remove <<tag Topics>>
<$button actions=<<myactions>>>{{$:/core/images/erase}}
</$button>
\end

<<makeOld>>

I changed the two buttons to an erase button since there is now one button
to do two things. But of course you can decorate it however you want. The
actions were moved to a macro and activated through the "actions" attribute
of the button, which is supposed to be the new way of doing things.

HTH

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d5568c47-755f-4b73-b5c4-b30baa0a9a1d%40googlegroups.com.