Containers is an interesting idea, certainly.

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 11:02:56 AM UTC+2, PMario wrote:

>> Hi Arlen.
>> That's TiddlyDesktop or any other node-based app the exists already. ...
>> -m
>
> IMO the trick is, to use what already exists on every operating system. So
> there should be no need to install additional stuff, except the browser.

Installing TiddlyDesktop is not really the option. All the node based tools
we have so far require configuration. This ability is second to
TiddlyDesktop, TiddlyServer, etc., but it is a scenario that quite a few
people find themselves in, especially when TiddlyDesktop doesn't allow the
plugins they want or they otherwise would prefer to stay in their normal
browser and TiddlyServer requires wikis to be in specific directories.

What I am talking about is a NodeJS script that only requires a port
parameter. The rest is handled by the script itself. The extension would
handle security and only forward those calls that come from the correct
sources. There would be a secured authentication scheme between the
extension and the script to make sure that only the extension can use the
script and nothing else. Encryption is not necessary since we would be on
the loopback. The script would handle the file IO.

So that's kind of my idea. Sure, it's definitely a stop-gap measure
compared to allowing file system access. But I think it's worth a shot.

My thoughts,
Arlen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSTedX-Lt5s3CCthmqbkDzpaYUdGL5cGxJ08DwcoBg%3DtnA%40mail.gmail.com.