eh, json in windows need to escape backslah characters. so the path in
timimi.json has to be in the form C:\\user\\antho\\documents\\...

Sincerel
________________________________
From: TonyM
Sent: Tuesday 14 August 2018 6:27 AM
To: TiddlyWiki
Subject: [tw5] Re: Reviving TiddlyFox for Firefox > 57 (and Chrome)

Riz,

I( am sure I am responsible for the deleted messages in this thread, something
is going wrong when I attempt to place the log entries in a Gmail. I will nor
"sanitise" it before posting.

I am on the Latest FireFox Quantum 61.0.2 (64bit) and Windows 10 Home.

I tried some variations on the registry and still had errors. However I have
another plugin installed which has similar entries

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\timimi]
@="C:\\Users\\antho\\Downloads\\timimihost\\timimi.json"

Browser log
we are insidefile:///C:/Users/antho/Downloads/TiddlyFox2nd.html
logsimple.js:15:3
Not a local Tiddlywiki file background.js:10:5
Initiate content-script.js:41:9
sendTimingEvent addSite start undefined undefined
verboseLoggerHooks.js:1:1120
saver-handler: Saving wiki with method autosave through saver tiddlyfox
$:/core/modules/utils/logger.js:33:10
Sending native message background.js:23:5
[Show/hide message details.] Error parsing native manifest
C:\Users\antho\Downloads\timimihost\timimi.json: JSON.parse: bad escaped
character at line 4 column 15 of the JSON data NativeManifests.jsm:80
_tryPath/<
resource://gre/modules/NativeManifests.jsm:80:11
[Show/hide message details.] No such native application timimi
NativeMessaging.jsm:99
NativeApp</this.startupPromise<
resource://gre/modules/NativeMessaging.jsm:99:9
Error: Error: Attempt to postMessage on disconnected port background.js:19:5
Saved successfully to C:\Users\antho\Downloads\TiddlyFox2nd.html
content-script.js:58:17
Message ID is tiddlywiki-save-file-response-1 content-script.js:59:17

Because we see
[Show/hide message details.] Error parsing native manifest
C:\Users\antho\Downloads\timimihost\timimi.json: JSON.parse: bad escaped
character at line 4 column 15 of the JSON data NativeManifests.jsm:80
_tryPath/<

C:\Users\antho\Downloads\timimihost\timimi.json
{
  "name": "timimi",
  "description": "Native messaging host to save TW5",
  "path": "C:\Users\antho\Downloads\timimihost\timimi.bat",
  "type": "stdio",
  "allowed_extensions": [ "timimiATtesseract.com" ]
}

I hope this helps

Regards
Tony