Duke,

We will do what ever we can to help, however you describe yourself.

First, making use of the side bar is one of the main ways people get
content to appear on the screen at the same time as the tiddlers. You can
tag a tiddler with $:/tags/SideBar and set its caption field and its
content will appear in the sidebar once you select that tab. Since you
control what is displayed in that tiddler/tab, if you want to edit in the
side bar there is a sidebar editor somewhere.

You could also look at tagging tiddlers with one of the page template tags,
to have it appear in various places eg

- $:/tags/TopLeftBar for the top left bar
- $:/tags/TopRightBar for the top right bar
- *$:/tags/AboveStory for elements to be placed at the top of the story
river*
- $:/tags/BelowStory for elements to be placed at the bottom of the story
river
- $:/tags/PageTemplate
<http://127.0.0.1:8084/Core#%24%3A%2Ftags%2FPageTemplate> for the main page
elements
    Then click on the $:/tags/PageTemplate tagpilland drag the tiddler to
the top of the list (to appear at the top of the page)

Once the new version 5.1.18 is released you can also use
- $:/tags/SideBarSegment

However your key may be a tiddler tagged $:/tags/AboveStory

You may need to handle the open close of the content or an edit toggle
inside your tiddler.

Here is an example of a journal tiddler tagged $:/tags/AboveStory and using
the detailsWidget plugin from http://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#DetailsWidget

<$details summary="View Journal">

* dsfhsh
* sahasa
* sjaf
* j
* a
* zjk
* kj
</$details>
[[Open|Journal]]

I may extend this to allow us to pin, view and edit one or more tiddlers.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/11a65f37-b4e6-470e-bf0b-0b434958af58%40googlegroups.com.