I think I need more information because I am not sure what you are
referring to here.

If you are trying to save a plugin to the server as part of the plugin
server should check the plugin version number and if the plugin you are
trying to save exists on the server with a newer version than it won't save
it, but never plugin versions should save fine.

I suspect that you imported the plugin into your wiki using drag and drop
and then didn't delete the plugin tiddler after saving it to the server.
Plugin tiddlers in your wiki always override plugins listed in
tiddlywiki.info.

If that is not the case than I need more information before I can say
anything useful.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7d4248e6-c450-404f-a793-395f755e68f9%40googlegroups.com.