Jeremy,

Can we establish a "best practice" approach such that when creating a macro to
return a value in the first place, say we use the text widget to create "clean"
value for use in filters to avoid this kind of issue.

In my use case, I retrieved a value from a data tiddler to set a variable
currentWiki, I made this a global macro so I could refer to <<currentWiki>>
whenever I needed it. Perhaps I should have used the text widget to ensure this
value was already plain text.

Alternativly could filters themself be improved to clean variables before use,
or would this have undesirable consequences?

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0122167d-cd8b-4e71-b798-bf48b2041332%40googlegroups.com.