Your question is a little vague. What exactly don't you understand?

If you take the sample code and put it into your own TW file:

<$macrocall
        $name="toc-tabbed-internal-nav"
        tag="TableOfContents"
        selectedTiddler="$:/temp/toc/selectedTiddler"
        unselectedText="<p>Select a topic in the table of contents. Click the
arrow to expand a topic.</p>"
        missingText="<p>Missing tiddler.</p>"
/>

but change tag="TableOfContents" to whatever your top-level tiddler is,
then it should form the TOC for you automatically.

Just keep in mind that the TOC macros are based on a tag-tree. That means
each tiddler is the name of a tag which is used by the "children" tiddlers.
And each of those children in turn are names of tags used by their
"children". These relationships can be formed easily starting from your top
tiddler by using the "new here" option available from the drop-down menu of
each tiddler. The "new here" menu item will create a new tiddler tagged
with the name of the current tiddler.

Have fun
-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ca0bd4b6-e0f8-465c-a9c5-688bfd9f3336%40googlegroups.com.