I'm confused a bit about which parts go where. It might help if you
exported your sample data and tiddlers.

But I can point out that this:

[<target>list[!!parent]]

is the same as

[list[!!parent]]

Because the list operator is a generator, and does not use prior operators
in the filter as an input.

So I think you want something equivalent to :

[list[<target>!!parent]]

This of course doesn't work. So you would need to use a macro or a wikify
widget to put the <target> and the !!parent together.

Possibly a macro like

\define tarpar() """$(target)$!!parent"""

used in a filter like

[list<tarpar>]

Good luck!
-- Mark