I've noticed that in an empty tiddlywiki, the edit textarea of a tiddler is
within an iframe element. Dealing with sizing on the iframe is not easy as
I can't directly get access to the content embedded in it (in CSS). But
I've noticed that in the CodeMirror demo site (
https://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/), the surrounding
element is a div (and not one of the codeMirror divs). This is strange to
me because in both cases, $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/body/editor
<https://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FEditTemplate%2Fbody%2Feditor>

and $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/body
<https://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FEditTemplate%2Fbody>

are the same.

I've also noticed that there are two separate modules for handling the edit
textarea of a tiddler: $:/core/modules/editor/engines/framed.js   which I
assume produces a textarea inside an iframe. And
$:/core/modules/editor/engines/simple.js  which puts the textarea inside a
div. Both of these modules are present. What I cannot seem to figure out is
what determines which one will run in the case of a tiddler in edit mode.
Is there some way I can toggle between them? Being able to simply work with
the div would make what I'm trying to do a lot easier. If anyone can point
me in the right direction on this, I'd be very much obliged.

Best regards,

Adam

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/71fcfc9d-1684-400b-bc04-3e859132446c%40googlegroups.com.