I would like to generate a filter from a predefined list, for example:

> List: a b c
> Generated filter: [tag[a]tag[b]tag[c]]
>
> So far, wikify has solved the task, but Jeremy pointed out
> <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3627#issuecomment-445250658>
> that this is a bad habit (so you have to *avoid this*, but you can try
> out on https://tiddlywiki.com/):

Hmm. He doesn't mention why it's a bad idea. I imagine it has something to
do with performance.

But there is that saying, "When all you have is a hammer, everything starts
to look like a nail.".

In this case, you may have other tools

In most situations couldn't you use something like:

<$set name="mytags" value="A B C">
<<list-links "[enlist<mytags>tagging[]]">>
</$set>

?

Without seeing how you are using the filter, it's hard to know what your
really need.

Have fun!
-- Mark

<$wikify name="filter" text="""[<$list filter="a b c">tag[<$text text=<

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/169c0373-f358-469f-98d0-fc07c8040322%40googlegroups.com.