Some weeks back, I began working on a tutorial for tiddlywiki.com's
documentation to show beginner's how to make a Table of Contents. To do
this effectively, I realized quite a few other concepts and info need to be
presented at a beginner's level.

I have this feeling that an effective way of presenting this beginner level
information is within a *Tabbed Internal Table of Contents* named
*Beginners* – that is separate from TW's present *TableOfContents*.

If a tiddler tagged *Beginner* is viewed in the normal Story River, a link
at the bottom of that tiddler that shows which is the next suggested
tiddler to read – will properly open the next tiddler in the normal Story
River.

DIFFICULTY: However if that tiddler is viewed *INSIDE* the ToC - that link
would cause the next tiddler to open *OUTSIDE* the ToC's view pane, and
thus disrupt the flow of reading one tiddler after another in the ToC view
pane.

I would like that link to *behave differently* in the ToC or *not appear at
all*.

So at the moment I can see two choices.

CHOICE: 1) The link at the bottom should behave differently depending where
the tiddler is opened. If in the story river, it behaves normally. If in
the ToC, it should have the same action as clicking a ToC link - open that
linked to tiddler internally in the ToC's view panel.

CHOICE:2) The link should not show up at all when the tiddler is displayed
within the ToC - navigation purely from the ToC list of links.

You can see what is meant in the first 6 ToC links here: Tabbed Internal
Table of Contents for Beginners
<https://00ss.github.io/help/Adding-a-table-of-contents-to-the-sidebar.html>

I would appreciate some suggestions and help!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3566d7cb-2cb5-4f81-a1ae-877c0a14644e%40googlegroups.com.