Ciao Josiah,
You are welcome.

I know you work in marketing.

That makes me not any wiser than other people here (–:

What interests me is how to present TW in a way to increase uptake.

It might not be words. See other threads around here. Want another list?

* design, especially mobile design
* documentation including beginner documentation
* simplicity (even emptier empty.html)
* preconfigured pretty solutions (apps)
* a comic style starting page on tiddlywiki.com
* a YouTube star
* a podcast
* a company or a sponsor to boost everything with plenty of resources

I'm never quite sure if it should initially be presented as one item on
> your list (personal notebook) or the fuller picture of a full list?

Want a picture? As a starting point, TW is like a Swiss army knife: It is
cheap, it can do really, really many things, and you can take it
everywhere. But it is not your first choice if you want the single best
knife for cutting vegetables. Or only need a screwdriver. It is not good at
cutting wood compared to a chainsaw. If you know your little tool and are a
handyman, you can use it to build other tools like a bow to go hunting ...

Its an interesting presentation problem I think?

Yes, but I am not able to see an affordable solution. Besides attracting
more talented people perhaps. But isn’t that the point we are coming from?

One last thing not included with Swiss army knifes: The best community on
the web. The chance to become a member of an international, friendly and
helpful family. – Would that quality be at stake if the community grew
exponentially?

;–D

Thomas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/dc442fe5-0aa8-453c-8dcb-5fb840f0da42%40googlegroups.com.