Well, here is a problem that has me a bit baffled.

I have a button that creates a new tiddler with a timestamped prefix as in
the following code snippet:

<$button>
<$wikify name="Title" text="""$:/prefix/<<now YYYY0MM0DD0hh0MM0ss>
>/MyNewTiddler""">
<$action-createtiddler $basetitle=<<Title>> $savetitle="$:/temp/saveTid"/>
</$wikify>
Create New Tiddler
</$button>

When I click on the button it creates the new tiddler as expected.
However, if I click a second time, it tries to create a new tiddler with
the same title as the first tiddler and I end up with a new tiddler with "
1" appended to it's title.  This continues, with subsequent tiddlers
receiving increasing suffix numbers.

As part of my debugging, I added the line "<$action-setfield
newtitle={{$:/temp/saveTid}}/>" after the "action-createtiddler" line and
now the button is working as expected with a new timestamp every time the
button is pressed.  I don't understand how this change could possibly
affect the operation of the "now" macro.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Mal

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e19588f3-fedf-454a-a775-fe287ee1935d%40googlegroups.com.