So I found that separating the year, month and day doesn't really do what I
want. It's much easier to treat the field as text and then enter
1871-02-15. I'll still be able to sort that way. I'm still hoping that
someone will see this thread and have a fix or work around. Is this a bug?

Damon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/53122c24-528b-480e-b64f-09d1d667a3c1%40googlegroups.com.