I am no good at programming, so this took about half-an-hour of repeated
typing, saving and frustration in my Tiddlywiki! I just wanted to create a
macro for a text link to my images subfolder (rather than embed an image)
which I want to do sometimes. I eventually got this to work:

   1. Create a new tiddler and name it (imageTextLink, for example). The
   only tag for it will be *$:/tags/Macro*.
   2. The syntax below defines the text that will be linked, the url to be
   linked to (an image inside an *images/* subfolder for my Tiddlywiki) and
   the image itself.

*\define imageTextLink(text,url,image)
\end*

In a tiddler in which you want the link from, call the macro thus:

*Image: <<imageTextLink "Example image" "image-name.jpg">>*

Hope that makes sense! I'm just feeling pleased and accomplished (which is
a feeling I have rarely) at figuring this out - I could not find any
documentation for this on the Tiddlywiki.com site <https://tiddlywiki.com/>
(unless it is hidden somewhere?).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/72ba7a3c-d637-4672-b3d1-0769396b85bf%40googlegroups.com.