Mohammad,

> So, for checking if a title is an existing tiddler what can I do
>
> [!is[tiddler]]   [is[missing]] [has[title]]
>
> I think you can use any of these to test if a tiddler already exists.
When I put [[my tiddler title]!is[tiddler]] into Advanced Search/Filter, I
get the output "my tiddler title" and, when I then create a tiddler with
this title, I get no output.  This is all as expected according to the
documentation for the "is" Operator.  Using "is[missing]" produces the same
result.  Also, "!has[title]" or "!has[text]" seem to work just as well,
although I think the first two are easier to interpret, so make the code a
bit more readable.

Note that "is[tiddler]" and "is[missing]" treat shadow tiddlers as though
they don't exist.  Which is OK because it is reasonable that you might want
to create a tiddler to overwrite a shadow tiddler.  On the other hand,
"has[title]" and "has[text]" don't ignore shadow tiddlers, so you need to
decide which option suits your application.

Regards,

Mal

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/985d5c43-00eb-4a0f-aba3-5049ce4046d7%40googlegroups.com.