(inline)

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 9:58:49 AM UTC-5, PMario wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> How many users should be allowed to write back to the wiki? Or should they
> be read-only?

in the public-facing version, they could be read-only, I think -- though I
don't know what it means to "write back to the wiki" -- for example, in this
wiki <http://sunypoly-faculty-spring2019.tiddlyspot.com/> visitors "write"
their selects to a temp tiddler in order to interact with the content. Does
that count as "write back"?

> TW is able to save the whole content as static html files, without any
> javascript at all. ... BUT ... the usability will be completely different
> here! eg: no right sidebar, no tabs, no interactive elements. ... just
> content.

Not especially interested in this approach -- the whole idea is to make
spreadsheet-type data interactive, as shown here
<http://sunypoly-faculty-spring2019.tiddlyspot.com/> (same link as above).

> It would be a bit challenging, to make everything accessible, but it
> should be doable.

what did you mean "accessible" ? That's intriguing to me...

> have fun!

This is an exercise in working with traditional CIO whose focus on on
security and limiting access to the writeable web to a narrow group, while
I find that my focus is on broadening access to the interactive web to a
broad group of users..."fun" perhaps not, but challenging, absolutely.

Thanks for the response.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/92f104fb-68e0-4849-9ca1-0ba7376cc290%40googlegroups.com.