Mohammad,

I understand but if you used $name in Wikify my rule above would be broken,
and it would be impossible to tell when to use it and when not to. The only
way out would be to change all widget parameters to begin with a $

This issue can only be solved by understanding why the $ is used and in
which cases, which is after all a small list and noted in the documentation.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3f773468-8e79-46eb-b2f4-91961b26a2ce%40googlegroups.com.