I have also gotten a few errors with Bob. Maybe the symptoms will point to
a root issue.

"Malformed settings file." -> Settings file is replaced by an empty file.
Had to save a backup after the first time re-creating it.

When *$:/config/FileSystemPaths* is set, sometimes Bob will "recursively
next" a system tiddler.

For example, editing a shadow tiddler named
"$:/plugins/joshuafontany/jsonmangler/Folder/Example" will sometimes create
the "Example.tid" file @
"./tiddlers/_system/plugins/joshuafontany/jsonmangler/Folder/_system/plugins/joshuafontany/jsonmangler/Folder".

This is really hard to reproduce.

Also, whenever I edit a board in the DropBoard plugin where it generates a
state file to a popup's state, Bob will throw a bunch of errors.
The latest test was changing column #'s displayed on the current Board,
which generated this tiddler when opening the popup:

$:/plugins/reidgould/dpbd/state/-952538588/BoardWidthPopup

Bob then entered a loop of errors complaining about "path must be a
string". When re-loading the wiki the popup cannot be dismissed.

Sometimes it will throw a super generic error like this:
```
events.js:183
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

Error: Error watching file for changes: EPERM
    at _errnoException (util.js:992:11)
    at FSEvent.FSWatcher._handle.onchange (fs.js:1359:9)
```

Best,
Joshua F

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e151ed33-4184-4be9-9b07-2507ba72c91d%40googlegroups.com.