Thanks all

There are a number of leads embeaded in all your responses and whilst
responding to the original thread there are a number of technical diversions. I
now have some answers found outside this thread which is not using the facility
requested. Limitations can be the mother of invention. I will share my result
later.

Let me try and state why I asked this original question;

I thought it was an avenue to implementing check-in and checkout facilities on
single file wiki hosted for more than one user with the access to save the
wiki. This to me is a major missing piece in tiddlywiki I have asked for many
times and have not got a full working answer.

To keep it simple, using html embed I can see the content of files, with the
same origin, inside my tiddler. When I transclude such a tiddler it transcludes
the embed statement the displays the external file. I want to process the
content, be it text, a data tiddler, a json.

If I can achieve this small step I am 80% of the way.

I want to put the content of the embedded file into a real tiddler, a variable
or parse that file into tiddlers. This would allow content generated elsewhere
to be used in my wiki.

I think I should stop there for now to make this clear.

I want to be able to process this content.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a3997f95-6e39-46c7-b3dc-16e3a5111989%40googlegroups.com.