Consider the below macro.
It gets a filter and a JSON tiddler and adds all tiddlers from filter
output to the JSON tiddler.

\define sl-macro(filter,tiddler)
<$button set=<<stateTid>> setTo="hide"> Select all
<$list filter=<<__filter__>> variable="Item">
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<__tiddler__>> $index=<<Item>>
$value="selected"/>
</$list>
</$button>
\end

No consider the below example
It has a textbox to get a filter from user and then call sl-macro

<$edit-text
tiddler="state/myExmp"
tag="input"
default=""
placeholder="filter search"
/>
<$macrocall $name=sl-macro filter="[subfilter{state/myExmp}]"
tiddler="state/Myselection"/>

This works fine! *My question* is when I change the filter in a text box
and try to add new set of selected tiddlers,
still the previous selection is there (in the JSON tiddler) I use the
selected tiddler somewhere else for further processing!
Is there any way to detect the new filter in the textbox and remove the
previous selection from JSON tiddler?!

--Mohammad

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c50afdba-48ef-4d90-a63f-60a73bff44c3%40googlegroups.com.