My personal Tiddlywiki has hundreds of tiddlers each containing a single
quotation (some just a few words, others entire excerpts with several
paragraphs), from various authors. I'm trying to create a template into
which I pass in both the quote, and the author's name. I want to display
the quote, with attribution, in some specific, preformatted way, that is
consistent throughout my Tiddlywiki. I also want the original tiddlers
which contain the quotes to display this preformatted text. Basically, I
want exactly what I get when I use the above template (in the OP), except I
don't want to have to keep the quote, and attribution each in a field of
their own. I'd like to keep them somewhere in the main text-box.

Why? One reason is that as I said, some of these quotes consist of multiple
paragraphs, and you cannot easily insert a multi-paragraph string into a
field. Another reason is that the boxes into which you input a field's
contents (value) only display ~60 characters at a time.

If this is the only way, or the best way to do it, then so be it, but if
there is another, better way, I'd like to know what it is.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d55dfbe3-f96b-494e-9cc8-6e5e929ff094%40googlegroups.com.