Because then I can't get that tiddler too to also display the formatted
quote. At least, that is how it is currently. Right now, the tiddler with
the quote, and attribution fields has the {{tiddler||template}} in the main
text field.

I'll give you a "real" example to help explain.

This is the template:

left style="font-size: 200%">“</div><div style="margin:5px"><$view
style="font-size: 150%">-<$view field="attribution"/></div></div>

It's title is "$:/eab/block-quote".

I have a tiddler literally called "untitled note" (untitled note is the
default title for new tiddlers in my Tiddlywiki, and this one just happens
to be the first note I added to the Tiddlywiki), it has the following
contents:

text field:

{{untitled note||$:/eab/block-quote}}

"quote" field:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into
a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the
bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or
it can crash. Be water my friend.

And "attribution" field:

Bruce Lee

And so the tiddler "untitled note" itself displays (without the CSS,
approximately):
“
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into
a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the
bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or
it can crash. Be water my friend.

                                                ”
-Bruce Lee

Which is exactly what I want to display. What I want though is to not have
to use the "quote", and "attribution" fields at all, because of the above
mentioned "issues", especially that which is that I can't have
multi-paragraph quotes with this current setup. Maybe this is the best way
to do it though, in which case I'll just rework the the template to accept
an arbitrary number of fields, one for each paragraph of a quote, and then
display them accordingly, which now that I'm thinking about it, may not be
that difficult

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4e47bb00-bc54-4dbc-a828-5994ec697773%40googlegroups.com.