On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 1:42:43 PM UTC+1, Lost Admin wrote:

> I wonder if that is going to make it into the core saver if/when it is
> determined to be stable. I would happily add compression to my WebDav sites
> at that point.

Hi,

It would be nice, if you could test it with your setup. ... and give
feedback :)

It uses the exact same "program flow" as the existing etag version (since
TW V5.1.17).

The problem with etags seem to be "vendor related". As we fixed a bug in
the etag handling <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/3230>, we
found out, that every vendor (apache, nginx, IIS) seem to have a different
opinion, how etags should be calculated. ... All of them had the
"compression problem".

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/09ee5406-23f6-41d2-8e40-323591a2cae6%40googlegroups.com.