S S,

Nice work and nicely documented. This certainly addresses a gap in date
handling with formats similar to those used for new journal entries, I
think it will suit many users.

It will take time for me to decide if I would adopt it on a regular basis
because I have favored using the full tiddlywiki serial number to represent
dates. For example my new journal process adds a journal-date field to
enable more sophisticated search and selection of journal entries. However
it is nice to know if I want to go down the alternative "simplified" dates
path you have provided the means to do so.

*A Suggestion:* Use a json bundle to pack the macro and move everything
that is displayed in the "date Macro" tiddler to another tiddler. The
reason I say this is the act of adding the $:/tags/Macro tag will include
the whole tiddler (Although not visible) every time a tiddler is displayed,
it is like the importvariables process see
https://tiddlywiki.com/#ImportVariablesWidget.
Sure it seems to have no clear impact in a small wiki but it is not the
optimum design approach. If you still want the documentation displayed when
opening "date Macro" you can do a little test, if currentTiddler="date
Macro" transclude the doco tiddler, otherwise do not.

Love your work, and thanks for sharing
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/072485fc-88b7-475d-9b9d-ee6f2e776cd6%40googlegroups.com.