Ciao Mark S. & S.S. & all,

Mark S. wrote:

> That would be an excellent tag. I feel the tags we're given are too vague.

Right. If a tag is too broad you just revert back to the problem of
overwhelm.

The google search page doesn't give you any help by telling you what tags
> to use.

Right. The issue isn't just assigning them---its how to use them to help
filter. So *how?*

S. S. wrote:

>> Imagine if I had tagged this post: A quiet Date
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/_bbDpiiReic/ZgA1N6g9CQAJ> :
>> with a tag like *regex* - I'm sure it would have caught your attention!

Right. Nice catch. "Regex" seems like a good tag in preciser scope!

My issue is I never see people's tags in normal reading mode. I can't tell
visually if the post has a tag or not. You have filter by Tag button (top
right), but then you don't see relevant untagged posts. And the filtered
list you see can be very long. Its a mess :-)

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d079b4ef-fea3-41b3-979e-73e197edfad4%40googlegroups.com.