I agree with this CSS-tricks article
<https://css-tricks.com/the-whole-spreadsheets-as-databases-thing-is-pretty-cool/>
 that
using *spreadsheets as databases* is a really cool idea. The article
provides, as prime example, the service Airtable <https://airtable.com/> which
seems nice per se but I particularly found their "presentational formats"
interesting from a TW perspective. My take on it is that they were pretty
much in a situation that TW is in, i.e "we have the data and can present it
in any way people want... so what are those ways?" Seems they decided on:

   - Grid (presumably the typical spreadsheet view?)
   - Calendar
   - Gallery
   - Kanban
   - Form

In addition, they have something called *templates*. I don't know how these
differ from the afore mentioned list tho...but there seem to be hundreds of
different ones for special applications.
There are also *blocks*, maybe comparable to widgets.

<:-)

P.S For anyone thinking "Wow! Why should I bother with TW when this
exists?"... you're forgetting things like "100% open source", "total
customization", "You own your data", "Your notes will still be available in
X decades when most commercial services... poof!" etc.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/36afc282-9ead-4ecd-befb-e63fcd408d81%40googlegroups.com.