Hi Tony,
thank you for your answer. I've seen that the embed command works on file
based Tiddlywikis. Running Tiddlywiki at node.js as a webservice is crucial
to my current project though. My setup is:

- a raspberry pi with raspbian stretch lite in version April 2019 (current
release)
- installed nodejs from raspbian repository
- installed tiddlywiki as described at tiddlywiki.com (npm install -g
tiddlywiki)
- running tiddlywiki with a 'tiddlywiki mywiki --listen host=x.x.x.x
port=xxx username...' like command

The Tiddlywiki for itself runs perfect. The challenge is, to show content
of a text file on the local raspberry pi filesystem in a tiddler.

But in this environment the HTML embed command delivers no data. It seems
that the nodejs-based Tiddlywiki webserver prevents the reading of local
files at all. It would be interesting, if this behaviour is mandatory or if
it can be changed by nodejs configuration or so.

Oliver

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8566c635-1210-4244-b21a-fabc36ff0809%40googlegroups.com.